Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Mother's Prayer for Her Unborn Child

A Mother's Prayer for Her Unborn Child

Blessed and Merciful God,
Thank you for the gift of life.
Thank you for the life of the child growing inside me.
Thank you for your love that is shaping and forming
this child's life into divine perfection.
Thank you for shaping this child's mind.
Thank you for shaping this child's bones.
Thank you for shaping this child's destiny and for writing up on his or her heart.
Thank you for filling this child's entire being with your loving light.
Thank you for knowing and calling this child's name even as it is being formed.
Thank you for showing me how to love this child even before it is born.
Thank you for giving me a healthy appetite for those foods that are giving and life sustaining
while this child is growing inside of me.
Thank you for keeping me from harm and danger while this child is growing inside me.
Thank you for peace of mind while this child is growing inside of me.
Right now I give to you all of my concerns for the health, strength, and well being
for the precious life growing inside me.
Right now I call forth your grace, mercy, and the loving light of your presence
to fill my being and sustain the life growing inside me.
Prepare me for this birth. Prepare my mind. Prepare my body.
Bless me and this child that its birth will happen easily and effortlessly,
under the grace of your peace.
Protect this baby in my womb wit your Love and care until the time of his or her birth.
I give your angels charge of this child.
I give you charge over my entire being.
I give you thanksgsiving and praise for this blessed life growing inside me.
May this prayer be lifted, heard, and accepted into the highest realms of all that is good.
For this I am so grateful.
And So It Is!
Amen.

Thank you Tara for sharing this with me. It means the world to me!

Tara brought this prayer to me my first week in the hospital. I couldn't read it because I was just a little emotional upon arrival. I was afraid for our baby. I was worried that if something were to go wrong that I wouldn't be able to handle it as gracefully as those before me. I was afraid of the unexpected, the unplanned, the "taken for granted."

Now that I've adjusted and know that God will carry me through any situation, I have read this prayer many times. After a week of adjusting to the shock of what was happening and the loss of control of what was happening in my life, I wrapped my head around our situation and accepted it. I am so thankful to be here.

I am so thankful for the people in our lives who have taken care of me and my boys. We are so grateful for the prayers and positive thoughts, they are a blessing.

No comments: