Pages

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

This 4th of July has me more supportive and patriotic (and bless my heart, emotional) than usual. This day in which we celebrate our independence from Great Britain is also a day I celebrate my nephew and the thousands of other soldiers who are fighting in wars with Iraq and Afghanistan.

The right words don't seem to come to me when I sit down to sign Justin's guestbook. "Thank you" just doesn't seem to do it for me right now, though I am so thankful for him. Thankful that he risked his life so that me and my family could go about our daily business. Thankful that he is so much braver than I am...or will ever be.

Justin, your strong and amazing spirit is going to carry you (and the rest of us through).

Happy 4th of July to you, to every soldier, and to their families. Thank you!

God Bless America!!

God Bless Justin!!

No comments: