Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Easy as Pie

This recipe caught my eye yesterday, so of course I made it! I found it in my Kraft Food & Family magazine. It was cool, light, and refreshing--perfect on a summer day in Texas.

Lemonade Stand Pie


1/3 cup Country Time Lemonade drink mix

1/2 cup cold water

2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened

1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed

1 Honey Maid graham cracker pie crust


Place drink mix in large bowl. Add water; stir until mix is dissolved. Add ic cream. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Freeze, if necessary, until mixture is thick enough to mound.


Spoon into crust.


Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight until firm. Remove from freezer 15 min. before serving. Let stand at room temperature until pie can easily be cut. Store leftover pie in freezer.


Yield: 8 slices

2 comments:

rachael... said...

Wish I had your cooking talent!! I don't even like pie and that sounds yummy!

Melissa said...

I made this today for a lunch I went to and they loved it!
xoxo