Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day!!

Thank you for doing what you did.
Thank you for doing what you do.
Thank you for sacrificing your life and your family for mine.
Thank you for being braver than I.
Thank you to your mother and father.
Thank you to your wife and children.
Thank you for not being too afraid.
Thank you for sleeping places I would never.
Thank you for eating meals I would never.
Thank you.

Thank you to my grandfather Bob Harris.
Thank you to my grandfather Bill Powell.
Thank you to my father in law Thomas Cook.
Thank you to my nephew Justin Rokohl.
Thank you to my friend Wayne Turner.

I can't even begin to comprehend the sacrifices you and your family made so that you could protect us.

I taught my first graders about Veterans Day. I helped them understand what a veteran is and who they are. They are living and non-living, they are grandfathers, sisters, nephews, and mothers. They are wounded physically, mentally, and emotionally. They are heroes.

Here is one of mine:

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/34366749.html

1 comment:

queenoftheboys said...

Thank you for sharing Justin's story with us!! I thought the news channel did a great job. He is so inspiring!!!