Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Not Chocolate

It's not chocolate, but I thought it was good enough to share. I had this in my stash and I was suprised how much we liked it. Norah and Tina had a taste too, when they were over giving Riley his last "haircup."

Cherry Parfait (from Southern Living)

2T butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1 t. cinnamon
8 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling

Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add almonds and cinnamon. Cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in crumbled cookies.

Layer ice cream, crumb mixture, and pie filling evenly in serving dish or glass. Serve immediately.

It's worthy, even though it isn't chocolate, I promise.

1 comment:

Boyz3Mommy said...

It is SO worthy. I could have had another 2 or so bowls. And I think Russ would have joined me!! :)