Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

Breathe a sigh of relief.....

My sweet mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in October 2006. She had a mastectomy and recovered well. The toughest part of her recovery was not being able to pick up her grandson.


Last week, Mom informed me that they saw something in an x-ray and wanted to look further. A bone scan was scheduled for Thursday. I've been extremely anxious about it and mom has too, but she'd never let me in on it--she's too selfless.


I called to check in (we talk at least once a day) and she said that they called with good news--her bone scan was identical to one she had three months ago. The spot they saw was a spot of osteoperosis and it was on the last one. Great news, praise God!


I can't say enough about my mother or how much I love her. She's my oldest friend. She is always there to listen, she sets me straight when I'm wrong.


Thank you for being you. I love you, WE love you.


1 comment:

Boyz3Mommy said...

WE sure do love you! I need to send her an email. This is incredible news. You must feel so incredibly relieved. I can't even imagine.