Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

My Bunco Girls


Yes, I say "mine" 'cause they are. They're mine.


I hosted Bunco at my house on Tuesday. It's a lot of work cooking for 12 little ladies, but I love it because I love them!! I love cooking, but I really love cooking soups. So...somehow and I couldn't be happier about it) I started whipping up two different kinds of soups when my girls came over. Over the years, we've had:


Mexican Wastebasket Stew

Potato Soup

Cream of Zucchini Soup

Creamy Broccoli Soup

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

Tortilla Soup

and surely there are more......


Sonia loves Potato, Norah loves Creamy Broccoli, and Tina loves Tortilla (Martha Stewart's recipe is her favorite version, though I do have many). I have a hard time choosing--I always like to try new recipes, but the oldies are always good!


Somehow (and I'm thrilled again) we also started wearing our pajamas to my house for Bunco....so the annual tradition of Soup and PJ Bunco at my house was born.


Yes, I do host in the winter and it is supposed to be cold....but this is Texas y'all. The last few years I remember wearing my cozy, warm, winter pajamas and it's almost 80 degrees outside. NOT soup and p.j. weather AT ALL. This year was perfect. It was nice and cold and it even started raining as the girls were arriving. It was cozy alright!!


I couldn't have been happier.....(well, if Kaley and Shelly were there I could've been) cooking for my girls, a glass of white wine (thanks for the rec. Karen), and my friend Greta from work joined us as a sub and she fit in perfectly. Our newest edition, Baby Beck was on hand too, and what a cutie he is! Riley had his first soup (creamy broccoli) and Russ handled bedtime solo (thanks, Babe). He brought Riley down his his "j.j.'s" to say goodnight.


I can't say enough about these girlfriends--we have such a good time together. I'm lucky to be a part of this special group.


1 comment:

Boyz3Mommy said...

Amen Sistah! You are the best soup nazi (chuckle chuckle) I have ever met.

Thank you for a wonderful time and thank you for 23 someodd years of best friendship!

Happy Night and WA-HOOOO on the bloggin' bay-bee!!

Loves you. ~t.