Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nice and Cannes--Day 5 (Part 4)

The drive home from Monaco was emotional for me. I was tired, but it was sinking in that this would be our last day to BE here. I was ready to get home and see Riley, but I felt like I wanted to stay another week...and felt guilty for that. I enjoyed so much of this trip and knowing myself as well as I do, I knew there would be some tears at some point! :-)

When we arrived at the house, I walked around snapping photos, trying to soak it all in.

The cupboard where we grabbed our wine glasses...was there any other type of glass in there?

The amazing view from our little guest house.

The kitchen...always a busy place.

Our living area in the guest house...we didn't spend much time in here, but it was a little piece of Sweden in France!

Another view of the amazing landscaping--my photos won't do it justice.

We enjoyed one last meal on the rooftop. Many spoke of the amazing experience we'd enjoyed together--and Marcus said he was renting this place next year--for 2 weeks and we were all invited!! I couldn't muster up the courage to say a word. I knew my emotions would get the best of me. I hope my friends know how much I truly treasured this vacation, this opportunity, and all of the wonderful moments we shared. Unforgettable, thank you.

Enough sap--it's time to get ready for our last night in Cannes--we promised it would be an early one (yeah, right)!






We all met at the table for a drink and guess where were decided to go? Back to Mocca for one last hurrah!

Here is some of the Cannes Film Festival fanfare...



Back to our table at Mocca...


Our fantastic waitress.






He borrowed these from a passerby!



Goodnight Cannes!

1 comment:

Michael said...

That's a beautiful house! Where is it located?