Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

We've Come a Long Way, Baby!

Tonight, my little muffin man drank an 8 oz. bottle (in its entirety) for the first time.  I was thinking it was time to try and tonight we did and he drank every drop.  It's hard to believe that 5 months ago we were in NICU trying to pour 30 mL into him.  The last "task" he had to complete before checking out of NICU was to drink 30 mL in 30 minutes.  It worried us so much...it just didn't seem like he would ever do it.  You've come a long way, baby!  We are so proud of you and so blessed.  Goodnight!  (Why don't you go ahead and sleep until 6 or so in the morning, while you're at it...waking up at 4:30 is not so fun, is it?)


6:43 a.m. update:  He DID sleep until 6:00 on the nose...I'm so disappointed in myself for not trying that sooner earlier (that other word is a bad word at my house)!

2 comments:

sunshine said...

See? He rises to the occassion! Go Kace! Love y'all!

Greta said...

You have come a long way!! Glad I have been around for the ride!