Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Last Good Day

I'm so thankful that Kace met his great grandmother on her last "good" day. She got to see him, touch him, and tell me how cute he was. At one point, she said, "Where's that baby?" I walked to her bed to show him to her and said, "Here's our baby!" She said, "Well, not MINE!" That was funny! Her last good day, she knew my name and wondered what I was doing in her kitchen, just like old times. She always wanted to know what I was doing in there because she felt like she should be doing it for me. Or anyone else in her kitchen for that matter. She was a great hostess and was always offering up something to her visitors. I would always tell my friends that they might as well take her up on something....otherwise she'll keep asking! That's my Nana.

Her last good day we laughed, we smiled, I hugged and kissed her. When Kace and I left, I said "Goodbye Nana, I love you." She said, "I love you too, hon."

Thank you God for my last good day with my sweet Nana.

4 comments:

ladybug5157 said...

Tears are streaming down my face. So thankful that you and Kace got to spend just a great time with your wonderful Nana. Much love to you all!

tina said...

Yes, you were right...I'm glad I read this at the END of the day today. I am so thankful that I knew Nana on so many of her good days. She was my Nana too and I thank you so much for sharing her with me. I love you.

jenn said...

What a wonderful memory to cherish forever. That sounds just like Nana and I can just hear her call you hon.

rachael... said...

How wonderful to have this memory. My grandparents were all gone before my kids were born and I've always been sad about that.