Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Random Things

I've been tagged in many of these lists on Facebook and have enjoyed reading every one of them. I've been working on mine for a while and Rachael's post today motivated me to finish mine up. Thanks Rach! Here goes...

1. I hate scary movies. And their dang commercials.

2. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. Or even put one to my lips.

3. I didn't enjoy football until I met my husband--college only, not NFL. He has explained what I didn't understand and now I can have a down and dirty football conversation anytime.

4. I love music. Jack Johnson to T.I. to Jim Brickman to Winger to Bruce Robison to Keane to Godsmack.

5. I'm organized, it just doesn't always look that way.

6. I've lived in Austin, San Marcos, and Round Rock. That's it.

7. I'd like to visit Chicago and Seattle. Soon. With Russ.

8. I (still) cry every time I hear "I Can Only Imagine." No exceptions.

9. The channels I watch the most are: HGTV and VH1. Oh, and Noggin.

10. My all time favorite candy is Reese's Peanut Butter cups.

11. I have 2 baby teeth in my mouth.

12. In school, I always read the book. Am I a dork or a book lover? :-)

13. I love coffee. I didn't drink it at all until after Riley was born.

14. I have to drink a Coke when I eat soup.

15. I wished I'd let Nana teach me to sew when she wanted to. Maybe I'll take a sewing class one of these days. All I can do is replace a button. Not impressive.

16. Every once in a while I listen to all of my CDs in alphabetical order. Yes, it's weird. ABBA to ZZ Top. I love George Strait and all, but it's tough listening to 27 of his CD's in a row. Ugh.

17. I had my belly button pierced. That belly was fun while it lasted!

18. I've been teaching for 13 years. That makes me feel so old. Every year has been in the classroom (3rd, 2nd, and 1st grades). That's roughly 260 kiddos--some are in college now!

19. When I was a little girl, I thought that somehow the windshield wipers knew to take a swipe at the windsheild when they were filled with drops. And that my grandfather had something to do with trains--he was an (oil and gas)engineer at The Railroad Commission. Boy, was I wrong.

20. I hate onions. My friends even modify their cooking for me. (I have great friends, don't I?) My mom always said my tastebuds would mature. No they won't. I've always disliked tomatoes too. I'm more tolerant of them now. A little.

21. I'm adopted and don't have a desire to find my birth mother. I have a mom...and I love her dearly!

22. The main reason I eat french fries is to have something to go with the ketchup. It's just not socially acceptable to eat ketchup alone.

23. My husband and I's first date was a KISS/Ted Nugent concert.

24. I love lists. I have them everywhere, for all things.

25. I always wanted braces. Or a retainer. I never had either.

26. I watch Celebrity Rehab (and Sober House) and Rock of Love (and Rock of Love Bus). And I've even watched some Tool Academy. Stop me now, please.

I'll think of 1000 more, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Becca said...

#14 made me smile! It's like my glass of milk with pizza. It's more of a compulsion than a choice.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on #25!